Monday, April 15, 2013
+ 300 g dark Chocolate
+ 200 g butter
+ 160 g sugar
+ 5 eggs
+ 3 tablespoons flour
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees C for 'Chocolate Lava Cake' or 160 degrees C for French Chocolate Cake.
2. Melt the chocolate and butter together over the double-boiler. Stir to combine them.
3. Whisk the eggs together with sugar until the mixture is fluffy, light yellow color, and the sugar is dissolved
4. Gradually stir the warm chocolate mixture into the eggs mixture and whisk gently until combined.
5. Sift in the flour, Fold it with a spatula until combined.
6. For 'Chocolate Lava Cake': spoon into 12 buttered ramekins, and tap on the table to settle any air bubbles. Refrigerate for half an hour (optional). Place ramekins in a baking dish and add water to reach halfway up the sides (also optional). Bake for only 7-10 minutes. Loosen the edges from the ramekin with a knife. Invert each cake onto a plate and dust with icing. JJ's tip: you can serve warm with ice-cream or fresh fruit or you can keep in fridge for 2-3 days, just microwave it for a second before serve :)
7. For French Chocolate Cake: carefully pour batter into buttered 3 lbs pan, and tap the pan gently to release air bubbles. Bake the cake for about 30 minutes until well risen (if the cake appears to rise unevenly, rotate pan after 15 minutes). Transfer the cake to a wire cooling rack. Cool completely, and then remove the pan, dust with icing and serve.
JJ's tip: The cake should be keep in fridge since it is dense of chocolate.
Recipe adapted from health & cuisine (www.healthandcuisine.com)