Monday, November 7, 2011

Aladdin scarf


I do love to knit ^_^ The best moment of knitting is when seeing the receiver's smile ^___________^ so most of my knitting's are for others, not for myself :) I will show some of them later :D

Well ... back to this one. This is an Aladdin scarf :) I got this yarn from a stall on the street at Amphawa Floating Market  during an outing with my friends, Non and Nui :) It was good that they were with me because I actually wanted to knit a scarf for Non's Korea trip, so I let them choose the yarn ... and got this ... Aladdin

After getting the yarn then its time to the find pattern :) I wanted to make it simple but still be stylish ... :) This pattern is easy, all you need to know is cast on, knit, purl and bind off. It knits up quickly. It can be a great last-minute present for your friend :)

Pattern :

Cast on 24 or 28, 32, ... stitches depend on how wide you want the scarf to be :)
just need to remember that this pattern is worked in series of 4 stitches.

Row 1 : Knit all stitches
Row 2 : Knit 1 stitch, purl 3 stitches, repeat to end
Row 3 : Knit 2 stitches, purl 2 stitches, repeat to end
Row 4 : Knit 3 stitches, purl 1 stitch repeat to end

Continue this pattern till you get the desired length, bind off and weave in the stray end and all loose yarn with the darning needle.

Tie around neck
Enjoy :)

ps I think the surface looks like a magic carpet :D :D :D





No comments:

Post a Comment